Batik Designs Modern

Wednesday, April 2, 2014


Batik designs are created by dripping,pouring and marking hot wax onto fabric. The wax acts as a resistant to inks and dyes which are  added onto the fabric. Once dried the wax can be scratched off and undyed areas are left exposed. At this stage of the project I am unsure of the theme of my work however after artists research and researching the history of batik I will have a better idea of my theme.
Batik dates back to the first century where it was discovered in Ancient Egyptian tombs. However early batik has also been uncovered all over the middle east including, India, Central Asia and Africa.

These images of Batik designs are just taken from google. Googling batik has now given me a better clearer idea of what is possible in my on work using batik. 
The images on here are off google images and I am not saying in anyway that these are my designs... there's more talented people out there who have done these designs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Label

My Ping in TotalPing.com